Thursday, October 10, 2013

Life is Good

I promised to post any pictures I could scavenge, so - here is the blue team from last Saturday's night-time almost campus-wide capture the flag game with the Newman Center,and the subsequent celebration. Of course, we won. I'm the only one who's wearing a color you can actually see at night - bright yellow. (Sorry, I know it's not a great one).
In other news, my volleyball team made it to playoffs! The bad news is, we lost our first playoff game, and we are new out of playoffs, Yes, we kept our perfect record of 0-4. I signed up for soccer for next season; maybe we'll do better. It was a lot of fun though, totally worth it. 
Right now, I'm taking a break from writing my second major English paper. My English teacher, who I really like, based on my first paper, suggested I do my second on role playing games (i.e. Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer, Pathfinder, Call of  Cthulu, etc.), so I'm researching a really fascinating character named James Ebert whose suicide was attributed to D&D, which led to a lot of social and religious backlash against gaming, but also great sales. Although the end is sad, it's a great story, with lots of "pleasurable complications," as my teacher says.
In chemistry this week we did a lab on artificial coloring in foods (some Skittles candies bravely gave their lives for science). There's something strangely fulfilling about finding that I would have to consume over 35000 liters of Red #40 in order to even knock myself out. No one is getting poisoned by those dyes. 
The Rube Goldberg machine has a solid four steps on it (which involve lots of animals "eating" each other) and working, and plans are in the works for creepy eyes peering out of the darkness, Slenderman, Bigfoot, UFOs, a teenage campsite, and an ant rave. (This is all for a camping theme).
I'm hosting a high school girl over the weekend for Suite with SWE (Society of Women Engineers), which should be fun.
I've made it halfway through one semester! I've almost made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment