Friday, November 7, 2014

Homecoming Mark 2.0

It's homecoming weekend, which means white quadropedic tents have taken over the mall, tug of war mud pits can be found in random places, and people are trying (and failing) to get the student body excited about what should be a mediocre game on a weekend where so much other stuff is happening. But hey, there's free food.

I'm not too excited about the football game, because Colorado is currently at the bottom of the PAC-12 and despite losing to UCLA, we're still one of the best teams in the country. I am excited about seeing my parents whom I have not seen since I went off to school in August. That will be interesting.

It's been a bit of an off week - no tests (phew) but just a paper on Choctaw language revitalization to write (it's pretty cool - there's an app for that - the language, that is ;). I aced a Statics test (because I truss in free bodies) which was pretty cool.

A good number of my friends concluded that I am better than their collective fathers at "dad jokes" especially the ones involving corny puns (What did the monster drink his beer from? A Franken-STEIN!) I was a-maized that they thought that of me, and took it as a tall compliment. Hopefully there were no strings attached.

My Halloween day was pretty boring; but on November 1st after a long day of building for Rube, I went to a costume get together at one of the Rube girl's houses. It was really low key, but I'm glad I went. I'm sure our dance to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" is still floating around somewhere. No, I didn't get anyone to take pictures of me in costume. Sorry. It wasn't that great anyway - half of every other girl was also dressed as a black cat in various degrees of dress. I had a black shirt, cute short sleeved jacket, black pants, and of course, duct taped black cat ears. It required a minimum of effort, but I still looked good in it.

Also, speaking of Rube, we got the machine to work across the top part of the counter. This part of the machine involves cups, spatulas, blenders, and birds and is really impressive. If you're on Facebook, there's a video here.

On a side note, it's National Novel Writing Month. No, I'm not writing a novel (I don't have the time to churn out 1,667 words per day) but I am writing a short story. You can check out my progress - right now it's called "The Machine" and can be found under the tab labelled as such on the home page of this blog. Let me know what you think.

And of course - song of the week has got to be "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes - the quintessential football drone.

Thanks, everyone!

 

1 comment:

  1. "dad jokes" ???? These must be the ones that are really good like my favorite - What did the blind fish say when he bumped his head? DAM!

    Grat to see you this weekend. No more positngs at 0200. get some sleep so you can go to the games.

    ReplyDelete