Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Time



Hey everyone, I'm posting early because I've been posting late the last couple of weeks and because I probably won't tomorrow, tomorrow being All Hallows Eve and I may or may not be busy. Right now, I'm wearing my excuse for a costume (dead Star Trek crew member[which is a red t shirt and black pants]) because the costume I put a little bit of effort in (a black cat) is reserved for day of. I will post pictures when I have them.

I'm finally done with this round of midterms, and I can now think without my brain exploding, so here's what I've been learning:
  • Statics - funky applications of the equations of equilibrium (sum of forces in x, sum of forces in y, and sum of moments/torque all equal zero). Why bridges need to breathe. Reactions to moments.
  • Vector Calc - There's not one funky "S" shape, not two funky "S" shapes, but THREE funky "S" shapes that must be gotten rid of, while using cylinders and spheres. Yes, triple integration. With polar coordinates.
  • Physics - This is all;
    But really, we are learning about circuits, capacitors resistors, diodes and the like.
  • American Indian Languages - I can tell you the difference between a phoneme and an allophone, but I still can't speak a word of Tohono O'odham.
  • Theater Dance - we're learning the finale from Footloose (the one with Kevin Bacon) for the next few weeks.
And that's my academics.

In other news, I got to see the UA Dance program's showcase, and they are amazing and beautiful. I have no idea how they move their bodies like they do.

The song of the week has been stuck in my head - "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon.
(And of course, OK GO's newest video, which is very cool from an engineering standpoint - "I Won't Let You Down" - shot using a multirotor copter and on self-balancing unicycles) 

No comments:

Post a Comment