Saturday, November 22, 2014

Winter is Coming



What's out: short shorts, sanity, and the color yellow.
What's in: hoodies galore, facial hair, and the color blue.

No-Shave November has hit its peak - at a guess, I'd guess that at least half the males on campus have taken advantage of the excuse not to shave for a month, the vast majority not giving it any greater significance. It's almost funny seeing the full range of facial hair from those who can barely grow peach fuzz to those people who went from nothing to full on Chuck Norris beard and mustache. However, at this point, a good number of them who were raring to go at the beginning of the month have chopped off their 'beards' complaining of the itch.

It's finally gotten cold, and the weather turned quick - last Saturday day was sunny and beautiful, but that night got down to below 50 degrees. As such, that Monday, the hoodies came out in force. It was almost comical to see everyone in cold weather gear varying from "light breeze" to "Oh crap a blizzard's coming!" So now, I guess it is officially winter.

On Monday there was a talent show for the three dorms on Historic Lane (but mostly Yuma). We have some seriously talented people living here. Mom would be happy to know that those Irish Dance lessons finally paid off. I danced barefoot and was extremely well received.

Otherwise, pretty boring week. Some of my classes were still a little scrambled from the Tuesday off for Veteran's Day (especially my lab), but there really hasn't been much new by way of classes.

From Facebook, a post which was surprisingly well liked: I have more library cards than the average American has credit cards. Help, I'm a biblioholic!
(The average American who has credit cards has 3.7, average among all Americans is 2.6 {from here}. I have 4 library cards, all of which I use fairly regularly).
I also found a cute little library within scootering distance, so I don't have to go brave downtown to get my book fix. (cue parents' groans).

Also from Facebook, a beautiful picture of me exhibiting for homecoming (there was another guy there helping out, too):

Song of the week - "Clocks" by Coldplay. Nothing else compares.
Thanks, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment