Friday, October 10, 2014

Welcome to Dragon Scales

And the testing continues this week and into next week. There is a never ending cycle of homework and tests and studying that I cannot escape. You cannot escape. We are all trapped in a never ending cycle. Welcome to Dragon Scales (cue creepy intro music).

In Sports news, my intramural Capture the Flag team won second place in the league. Who beat us? A team consisting of the running club with a few despicable sprinters they recruited. We were the guinea pigs of Campus Rec's Secret IM Referees for making Capture the Flag a scoreable sport, and as such, we were still asking about the rules well into the final game.I'm glad I played, though I probably will opt for indoor soccer next time.
 On to Arts - two weeks ago I had the opportunity to see the legendary U of A School of Dance in action. They were amazing. Each dancer had such minute control over his or her body. It was uncanny to watch how they moved. In other arts news, I now have "Swing, Swing,  Swing" stuck in my head from my dance class.

We would like to take a moment to thank our sponsors. Is that a hand hovering over your shoulder? It might be. Don't look. Don't think about it. Look again - it is gone. But you do not know when it will return. Will it surprise you when reading your emails? When you're watching a movie? Maybe when you come back and read this same blog again? You never know. In-n-Out Burger - Quality you can taste.

Community calendar - Friday - an irregular influx of people between the ages of 35 and 65 have invaded campus for family weekend. I expect they will disappear as quickly as they appeared, leaving little trace but the odd leftover box in the refrigerator. Saturday - building strange machines with strange people in the Civil Engineering building while avoiding paddle bits. Also, a battle royal between wildcats and Trojans.

As I try to escape the darkness, I give you - the weather! "Iris" by the GooGoo Dolls  

The night is calm and quiet. Everyone has left and the normal order is restored. Keep watch, and keep calm. Good night Dragon Scales, Good night.

(Just fyi, this week's blog entry is loosely based on the format of the popular podcast "Welcome to Night Vale," which is my treat for when I fold clothes. Today's proverb - A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - but why not just take the bush? Your yard needs the foliage)

No comments:

Post a Comment