Sunday, October 26, 2014

Almost Halloweentime

Sorry I haven't written in a while. It's been crazy. It seems like I've had about a month straight of midterms, and it's not over until next Wednesday. It started with the classes that have four tests, then the true midterms, and finishes with the classes with four exams again. So, I've been pretty busy and going insane academically.

Also, this past Friday and Saturday was the Historic Lane Haunted Dungeon. This is an annual event where people from three residence halls make an extremely scary maze through the basements and the backyard in order to get canned food for charity. (It's roughly analogous to an amateur Knott's Scary Farm maze.) It takes a lot of work, but it always looks amazing. It's a huge deal. We even got featured in the Daily Wildcat. This year, the dungeon was a creepy dollhouse, with cracked porcelain, unstrung marionettes, and crazed Barbies. I was a puppet with a puppet who was one of the first things people saw when they walked down into the basement.  
Overall, we were very successful. We moved over 800 people through the dungeons over two nights and had a lot of canned goods. In my particular section, we scared some people so badly that they couldn't continue and left. We got a lot of good screams, and I even got a few "that is the freakiest things ever"s. That was a ton of fun.
Here's the people who were in Gila basement with me:

And here's the entire cast:
So that's been keeping me busy.

In other news, I helped design and perfect the first step of this year's Rube Goldberg machine. It's a water step where water flows from one cup to the the next, eventually weighing down a cup at the bottom, and it works really well.
I'm doing okay right now, keeping it together and staying busy. However, no matter how much I try, bedtime is unfortunately rarely before midnight anymore.

Song of the week is The Overture from Tommy, by the Who, just cuz.

No comments:

Post a Comment