Thursday, May 1, 2014

Interlude

Hey, all. So, as of 10:30 this morning, I just finished taking four tests in eighteen hours, so my brain is pretty fried. Life right now is mostly class and studying, so I'm gonna talk about something else. 

since I've started going to school, I've realized that there are a ton of things that can be used for more than you might think. For example- I've taken to making and wearing funky rubber band bracelets. Those are great for holding an ID when I go run. A pair of jeans ripped in the wrong place, and so now they stop my dorm room door from banging into the closet door. Hair ties hold together and organize flash cards (they don't rip them like rubber bands). Dryer sheets become air fresheners. And, of course, duct tape is used for just about everything, from actually fixing stuff to making the stuff we need. 

The cool thing is that, even though I live with mostly engineers, a lot of these ideas are not unique to them. Everyone is trying to save money or gas and uses things in a creative way in order to improve the quality of life. People tend to be more creative than they realize, even the ones who insist they aren't. It's amazing how people tend to make things work out a little easier for themselves and those coming afterward. Even better is that people help each other.

Yes, I am stressed about upcoming finals, but I am confident that everything will work out. I have a good support network and I know my stuff. 

(Also, for a final project, I'm designing a bike - and it's actually working!)

No comments:

Post a Comment