Thursday, November 21, 2013

Some Time to Breathe



The semester's gone by so fast. In a few weeks, I'll be taking finals and finish off my first semester of college. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since I got here. I've kept busy, though, and time flies when you're having fun, right?
I had some time this week, so I decided to go explore a little by the fine arts buildings. There's tons of beautiful art and random statues all over. Even the chairs and benches look like more than chairs and benches. As I was walking along, I heard some clanging noises, Apparently, I had walked into a theatrical swordplay class. I stayed and watched for a few minutes, and the people in the class were doing some pretty amazing things.
It's finally starting to get cold enough where jeans and a t-shirt or shorts and hoodies are acceptable and needed. The weather is causing some beautiful sunsets. It's actually supposed to rain a little tomorrow, which I'm really excited about.
This past week, I aced a math test and did okay on my chemistry exam.
The Rube camping trip this past weekend was a ton of fun. We roasted scores of marshmallows, brats, hot dogs, and pine needles (very smoky), played mountaintop charades, and basically hung out and had fun.
I have proof that I can make deliciousness without destroying kitchens or even making too much of a mess. This weekend, the Gila Hall Council hosted a pie making contest, with a few of the Resident Assistants and the Community Director as judges. I made a pretty dang good peanut butter chocolate pie, which had a severe disadvantage because, unbeknownst to me, the CD hates peanut butter. I won for presentation, and all the pies were delicious, so...
The soccer team is going to playoffs, starting this Sunday. That's going to be a ton of fun. I'll post results when we win.
It's almost Thanksgiving, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. I probably won't post next week because of that. Maybe I'll post something bonus in between.
That's all for now, folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment