Thursday, November 14, 2013

Stories Unfolding

I'm actually posting on time this week - woohoo!
For thoughts/notes/rants about my first college homecoming weekend, see previous post.
I am looking for a story to tell - one that's my own, but not about me. I have to write an original fiction piece for English, and that finally gives me the excuse to finish a story. I really like where the one I'm writing is going. It's somewhat scifi, and I'll post it once it's done. I think it will turn out really well. The only problems are that, although I have great setting and decent characters, they have no problems so far. I'll have to be meaner to them.
I'm going camping this weekend with the Rube Goldberg club up by Mt. Lemmon. It's supposed to be cold, but I think it will be a ton of fun. Before that, though I have a chem test that I think I am ready for. I'm tired of staring at Lewis structures, but I can do them quickly and accurately. The camping trip will be a nice brain break.
I'm also hosting another high schooler this Sunday night. The College of Engineering really likes to show off the "E-zone" where I live, and most of the time, I'm happy to oblige. It's usually fun. Also this Sunday, the Hall Council is hosting a pie baking contest. I am participating, making a chocolate peanut butter pie that looks pretty easy (although it doesn't involve any actual baking).
This week has otherwise been pretty quiet - lots of homework, so not much else got done.
By the way, here's a slightly better picture of the Gila soccer team (we beat Theta Tau this Monday - we were so intimidating that they didn't even show up - we're 2-1). I'm #4 in the bottom row:
I am looking forward to being done with all these tests and papers after this week. I'm working on fixing the rest of the pictures. Have a good week, and thanks to all the people who read! Apparently, I have a much wider audience than I thought.
P.S. Solar oven pictures from a few posts down should be fixed and working. Apparently using pictures from URLs don't work from password protected university websites makes it so nobody can see them. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment