Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Day

I've finally finished moving people in. I've met my roommate. I have explored campus and beyond. Today, though, was the real start of college. Today was the first day of class. Already, I have survived an hour apiece of English, Math, and an Honors colloquium with chemistry coming up soon.  So far, I have not yet been in a class with more than 40 people, which is nice.
Looking at schedules, it looks like I'll be busy, but I'm not exactly sure how this is going to work out. The weather continues to be hot and muggy, but everything inside is air conditioned and really nice.
I keep noticing these little lizards that dart out from under the rocks whenever someone walks by. They are kinda funny because they don't seem to know where they are going or how they are going to escape. I always see them in the mornings and in the afternoons. I guess there is some lesson to be learned here, but I'm not sure what it is.
My biggest surprise so far is how easy is is to get free food. More often than not, if I wander around a little, I'll find someone hosting an outdoor pizza party or ice cream social. There's a ton of free stuff out there, especially since it's the first week of school. The scary thing is that people are so easily drawn to any event that offers free stuff.
I'm off to class; I'll try to post a little bit more regularly in the future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment