Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ten Things I have learned in the First week of College unrelated to school

1. Random art is everywhere. Statues pop out of nowhere. Mosaic cover sides of buildings. Glass bits are inlaid into some of the side walks. It's pretty amazing.
2. All dryers are not created equal. The first floor dryer insists on running for twice the time as the second floor dryer, which is pretty annoying. On the other hand, having a website that tracks whether or not your laundry is done is pretty nice.
3. Pool is not as hard as it looks. My dorm is right across from the rec room, and I spent some time out of class when I didn't have homework learning how to play.
4. People with fliers can be very persistent. Every day on the mall, new people are waiting to assault unsuspecting students with information they didn't ask for and don't need.
5. It's not hard to get involved. There was a huge club fair earlier this week. Also, the Community Director at my dorm wants everyone in on the Hall Council. The Newman Center (Catholic Church) also has a lot going on.
6. My hall is very spirited. As a welcome activity, the CDs in the Historic District put on a competition style event called the Historic Games. Gila won all but two events and had the largest and loudest showing by far.
7. The weird people are the most fun. They are the ones who put themselves out there, do fun things, and make the world a better place.
8. My wardrobe is gradually turning red. I have been getting a lot of shirts from lots of groups, from Campus Health to ZonaZoo, and the red shirts are starting to outnumber the blue ones.
9. There are still cliques in college. People, even in the Ezone, tend to congregate. I think it's like that where ever, though, and probably will be that way until the end of time.
10.  People can be nice if you let them. Most people are are good people, and will help out and do good things if asked. That's one of the best things here that I have seen.

On a side note, I've decided to post on Thursdays and on other important dates. U of A vs. NAU this FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment