Sunday, August 18, 2013

First Few Days

I have recently started college. It also recently hit me that this is a major milestone in my life because apparently, this is when I figure out who I am and what the heck I want to do with my life. SO overall, I'm pretty excited.
Moving in was actually really quiet and relatively easy - the only problem was that my dorm does not have an elevator, so everything got carried up the stairs, which really wasn't that bad since there's only three stories. 
After a few days, I finally have my part of the room in some sort of order. My roommate comes on Friday.  
I moved in a few days early because I am part of HI (Hall Involvement) team, which helps other people move in and host the Residence Hall Association Block Party. It's been great - I get some free food, I know some people in my dorm, and I can find my way to most of the dorms and the student union without getting lost. 
Today was the first day people actually started moving in en mass - sorority rush started today and so does Bear Down Camp. I helped out in Coronado, one of the bigger dorms. We helped move in about 400 people, mostly sorority girls, who had tons of stuff. It was really hectic because there were only three elevators, everyone came at the same time, and it was hot. We were done by about 1PM, though, so it wasn't that bad.
Tomorrow and until everyone else starts moving in, I get to do some "leadership training." I'm looking forward to school actually starting  on August 26th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment