Thursday, November 19, 2015

Back to My Regularly Scheduled Life

"Is this how time usually passes? Really slowly, in the right order?" - Doctor Who - Vincent and the Doctor

So if you missed my last post, I am in the enviable position of being at Disney Imagineering as an intern in Florida.
Spring can't come fast enough. My paperwork's through, my flight is booked and my housing's been acquired (no, I don't have a specific address yet). Just FYI, as part of that paperwork there were a few nondisclosure agreements, so, like last summer, I'm probably not going to be able to post extensively about what I'm actually doing there, and no, I can't take your ideas even though a Soarin' type ride with a Hercules theme would be awesome.
I just can't wait to be there.

But for the next 1.5 or so months, I'm still stuck in the semi-real-world of academia, with finals, lab reports, and homework, all of which are starting to send me alternatively into extreme boredom and unnecessary stress.  Yes, I'm exercising and yes, I'm eating half-decently. I'm also taking three more classes than full time and two more than the recommended course load, so I'm trying really hard to lie in the bed I've made for myself. It's not comfortable, but they say that nothing worth doing is.

I'm looking forward to going to the grandparents' for Thanksgiving and hearing everyone's stories. As long as we can keep away from politics, it promises to be a great weekend. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the family that I don't get to see very often.

In other news, my magician buddy has started forcibly dragging me to Magic Cats meetings, so I have a few new rudimentary card tricks and bandanna tricks.

That's all for now - Hope you all have safe and happy holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment