Saturday, December 12, 2015

The end is near



Finals are upon me again. This semester's dreaded tests of knowledge, skill, and cunning promise to be difficult, but not impossible. I'm still not looking forward to them.

The weather is taunting me. Despite it being winter and despite the night-times being bone-chilling cold, the day-times are sunny, beautiful, and tantalizingly out of reach while I while away at online tutorials and old PowerPoints. Thankfully there's only a few more days until I'm free.  

I got my hair cut again last week. It's shorter than it's ever been, and I love it. My hair finally looks decent, and it's inherent fluffiness works in my favor. The the hairstylist said it gave "volume" and "texture," which I think are good things. The only downside is that I now regularly get mistaken for a boy, especially when I'm in my good hoodie and loose jeans (hey, it's chilly), but that's okay. I think it's a good look and it's really easy to take care of.

It was great to see my family over Thanksgiving. My brother just got inducted into the Arnold Air Society, an honors society for Air Force ROTC, and has grown up and gotten some ripped biceps. He seems to be doing better than I am. My sister is getting really involved at school and is busy practicing for this year's Nutcracker at her ballet studio (She's Fritz - if you want tickets, contact my mom). My parents just got back from Ireland and had some good stories. My grandparents seem to be doing as well as ever.

I'm really looking forward to going home, seeing old friends, and (and this is big) sleeping in. I'll see a lot of you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment