Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back to the Midterms

I haven't posted in a few weeks. I have a valid excuse - midterm season lasts around five weeks each year. Why? In general, there is a variety of testing schedules, with classes generally having between two and five tests a semester. That means that midterms are pretty much continuous during the second and third quarters of the year, which makes things really fun.

I'm kinda at the point where the shiny has worn off college, extracurriculars, people, engineering, even sports. This hasn't been good for my motivation, but I've been muddling through. I know I'm usually upbeat, but it hasn't really been my best semester. I know they say that junior year is hard, but I'm finding that it's cold and merciless, more Hel than Hell. There is no glory in suffering.

Overall, there's really not much to report. I've been doing pretty much same as always - classes, homework, Rube (the first two steps on the machine are mine), little bit of exercise, some late night reading. Coupla rounds of career fair and internship search, a few interviews, nothing concrete. Overall, pretty boring. Again, there is no glory in my suffering. 

When I have something to report, I'll post more. 

In the mean time, I've spared you the flying cars rant, the groaning over the current state of hoverboards, and the distinct sound of thunder and lightning outside my window. 

Happy Back to the Future Day! 

1 comment: