Friday, September 5, 2014

Here We Go Again

Two weeks have gone by faster than I expected. We're actually doing work in class, and extracurriculars have officially started.

A breakdown:

  • I had my first physics lab - we did basic circuits. My TA does not object to people calling him "Hey, You!" because that is, in fact, his name - You.
  • "The Brotherhood of Man" has been stuck in my head because we've been learning a dance to it in Theater Dance. By this point, I know how to mambo and grapevine, and I can almost touch my toes again.
  • Vector Calc and Statics are both doing the exact same thing, still - resolving vectors into components. One professor seems more enthusiastic about it than the other.
  • We've gone over some basic phonetics and the effects of migration patterns in my American Indian Languages Class.
  • I'm on Hall Council this year - I got on the Executive board in a slightly ironic position. I'm also helping to design the Historic Haunted Dungeon this year - I'm super excited about that.
  • We're going to take some hammers and drills to last year's Rube Goldberg machine tomorrow. We haven't decided what we're going to do this year, other than in the end, it has to shine a shoe.
  • Sophie, my roommate, took me to the International Student Association's first meeting (she's an International Studies/Chinese major and didn't want to go alone). I met a bunch of Indian guys, a couple from China, and a Pole.
  • Sophie and I also tried Zumba earlier today. She loved it, I'm not enthused. My hips can't lie - they don't move that way.
  • I'm still hanging in there.
So, I'm holding up okay so far. It's been a good week, and things are actually starting to get interesting.

This week's song of the week - "Yellow" by Coldplay, for no other reason than it has been stuck in my head. I always think the guitar is trying to say "blue" in answer to the yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment