Friday, August 22, 2014

Some Updates

This is not a "how am I doing" post. This post pertains directly to the blog , how I'm going top be running it, and some changes I'm going to make this year.

First, and probably most importantly, I will do my very best to post an update on what is going on in my life sometime before 8:00 PM on FRIDAY. My Thursdays after class will probably be busier than I would like, and yes, sometimes I procrastinate on Friday's homework (I'm trying not to make that a habit, but it happens). So Friday's the day. Please do not bug me about blog posts before. Thank you.

Secondly, I want to publish more opinion pieces - posts that are not necessarily about me, but about how I see current issues. I tend to be somewhat indecisive. My New Year's Resolution was to fix that. This is my attempt. I will do my best to cite sources of anything that is not common knowledge (yes, I know Wikipedia, Buzzfeed, the Huffington Post, and the like are not reliable sources). Those will be coming whenever I feel like it, but about biweekly, depending on circumstances.


On that note, I would like to mention that it is possible to comment on any and all posts by going to the post's page by either clicking the title or clicking the link in the sidebar (you can't comment on the home page). You should be able to comment whether or not you have a Google account (although I do like knowing who you are). If you do, please keep it civil and on topic. Trolls will not be tolerated. That being said, I welcome all relevant input and constructive criticism.


Also, anything I post on Facebook that gets 10 likes or more will get posted here, no matter how short. Likewise, links to each new post will again be posted on Facebook. Since I am aware that most people who follow my blog do not follow me on Facebook, and most people who are on Facebook do not follow my blog, this should hopefully fix that.

Finally, there will be a song of the week for the purpose of making sure everyone gets the same song stuck in their head or can possibly help me figure out the kind of psychiatric care I obviously need (if you're into that).
This week's - "Obladi-Obladah" by the Beatles! You're very welcome.

As always, I appreciate all readership and welcome all input. Thanks for being loyal and sticking with Dragon Scales!

- G

2 comments: