Thursday, September 3, 2015

Singing in the Rain

This is me not coming home from a football game (we won, if you were curious).This is me, homework-less for the long weekend and looking forward to maybe, just maybe, getting out a little. This is me not getting drenched in the torrential downpour of Tucson monsoon rains that seem to start up every time I step outside, and in turn, not getting sick. This is me, a few hours after I had to go outside, swinging my umbrella and failing to tap dance in the puddles in my thick flip flops, gaining some strange looks from passers-by, and inexplicably getting my shorts wet.

What did I learn from this strange adventure today? I learned that the best way to get attention while walking from the library is to unabashedly loudly sing Gene Kelley's greatest hits while making a mess and not wearing a red shirt on game day. Guilty. Not sorry.

Classes, overall, are going quite well. We're still in the review phase, though if I have to hear about how to add vectors one more time, I might just leave. I have a class in which my high school statistics are finally relevant, which is good because the professor doesn't speak English well. I made the egregious error of signing up for a Friday night lab, so I still have that to look forward to. We're doing something with soda cans.

Most of the stuff I've been learning this year, both in and out of the classroom, is the effect of stress on bodies. I've been trying to get out and exercise - run when the sky isn't falling, do yoga at the Rec, and stuff like that. I feel nowhere near as good as I did over the summer. but college food will do that to a person.    

I am juggling a lot, but after the first week, it doesn't seem like this semester is going to be the hell I was promised that it would be. I'm actually looking forward to going to my 8 AMs. I will survive, and come out with a greater knowledge of materials, math, and fluids.

1 comment: