Monday, February 23, 2015

Catching my Breath

It's been a bittersweet sort of past two weeks.

Richard Ruiz, who was one of my professors my freshman year, just died. He taught my Honors colloquium on crosswords and was a really extremely nice guy. He was extremely passionate about linguistics and would always joke that we never really did any work in his class - and I'll admit that his class was a lot of fun. He would still say hi to me when I passed him in the hall. He will be missed.

The tests have started - but without their usual vengeance. I have a collection of extremely lazy/nice professors who have a tendency to assign problems straight from the book - and then declare the test open book. I'm not complaining at all. It's was a rather pleasant surprise. But unfortunately, not all of them think like that.

My birthday was pretty fun - I went to see Big Hero Six (finally) and we got a perfect run on the machine.

Reason for last week's post - I'm searching for a summer internship and I don't feel like I'm doing anything right, even though I've got my resume checked too many times, my elevator speech is polished (until it has to be used), and I've done my research, sometimes to the detriment of other things. Any tips, companies I should apply to, or anything else would be much appreciated.

Songs of the 2 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment