Thursday, February 6, 2014

Meanwhile...

I know I missed a week, and I apologize. I'll make it up with a rant or something later.
So what have I been doing?
I've been to a couple of basketball games and figured out that the U of A basketball team is largely affected by the crowd (the Berkeley game was probably one of the first where most people weren't in red).
I have helped decorate the Rube Goldberg machine, which no longer looks like a bunch of plywood and metal bits thrown together. Specifically, I helped dimension grass and paint a park ranger falling down a waterfall, which looks pretty awesome.

I have messed around in AutoCAD, making stuff like this:
And also like this:
I've explored more, got lost, and found my way again.
I've volunteered at Ben's Bells, a local charity which promotes kindness by the distribution of clay bells throughout Tucson area, which was a ton of fun. We painted clay beads for use in education programs.
 
I found a cool app that's a game that also helps crunch data from cancer cells.
I had an interview for a position as a Resident Assistant next year, and I was good enough to move on to the second interview, which is this Sunday. I'm pretty excited about that.
I went to a Super Bowl Party at the Newman Center. There's a guy there who's in training to be a priest, Brother Kevin, who is a huge Seahawks fan. Watching him was almost more fun than watching the game. I'm kinda disappointed that the Goldie Blox commercial wasn't the same as the Rube Goldberg one that was floating around the web. The game was a blowout, and the commercials were okay, nothing to write home about.
I gave a presentation in Spanish about a guy who says he was lost at sea for 13 months, which went okay. 
My mind has been blown with Schrodinger's equation, which gives the probability of an electron being somewhere, and Maxwell's equations, which prove light is a wave, in MSE 110. The professor is finally back from Europe, where he does research on paintings in the van Gogh museum and elsewhere.  
I have gone off and around campus, found some soccer fields, and finally actually used my scooter (and got plenty of flak for it).
That's about it for now. Rant on something opinionated to come.   
Oh, and also, this is my roommate, Carly. She's from Hawaii and likes random scifi and fantasy stuff, too. She's an Electrical and Computer Engineering major.

No comments:

Post a Comment