Sunday, March 22, 2015

Post Spring Break Post

Spring Break was this past week, and at this point, it's pretty much over.
So what did I do? 
Pretty much nothing, and it was absolutely glorious. I got caught up on sleep, caught up on my shows, and caught up, at least a little bit, with regaining some sanity.
Okay, I did a little more than that. I got some internship and scholarship applications done, got a bit of a start on my homework, and, of course, went to the Tucson Festival of Books for the first weekend and had a lot of fun, so I wan't completely degenerate and wasteful with my spring break (only mostly so).

One thing that was fantastic about break was that there was almost nobody in the dorms or on campus. The stillness and the quietness were the antithesis of the normal hustle and bustle and were quite nice, for a change. It was also refreshing to have the room to myself for a little bit. I also got to know the people who stayed back fro break a bit better. We all hung out in the kitchen and shared food and stories, and I got to meet some of the hermits who rarely, if ever, leave their rooms. 

Coming up - more tests, more insanity, more work, more craziness. I'm going to have to bust my butt this second half of the semester to get my Thermodynamics grade up.

Also, if anyone is in Phoenix area next weekend, on March 28th, from 9AM to 3:30PM, UA Rube is going to be at the Arizona Science Center showing off our amazingly beautiful Rube Goldberg machine. I'm super excited about that. Come check us out.

I've also started looking at classes for next year. I have officially declared for a double major in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering.  I get to start taking the fun stuff next semester, like Fundamentals of Materials, which includes a lab where I get to break stuff, and Dynamics of Machines, where I get to learn about why we make things like we do. Next semester I will probably also take the maximum number of units and will probably have early classes every day. So I have that to look forward to.

Song of the week - I'm still on the Irish (okay, Scottish) kick, and i'm feeling slightly vengeful so this week's song is the Proclaimer's "500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be)" which is guaranteed to get stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment